To apply for a new Indiana License to Carry a Handgun:
2: Schedule an appointment to submit your fingerprints electronically at a location convenient to you.
Schedule Your Fingerprint Appointment Online
After you complete Step 1, you will have only 90 days to complete Steps 2 and 3. Once all of the above steps are completed, your application will be electronically transmitted to ISP for final review. If your application is approved, your permit will be sent to you via U.S. Mail. If your application is rejected, you will be notified via U.S. Mail and will receive instructions on how to file an appeal.
1. You will need to have a valid email address.
2. Write down your PASSWORD when you begin your application.
3. Write down your APPLICATION NUMBER.
4. Select the correct License Type.
-Hunting and Target
If you plan on carrying your handgun anytime other than hunting or traveling to a range, I would suggest getting the PERSONAL PROTECTION License.
5. A 5 year license is FREE
6. A Lifetime License costs $75 State Fee plus $50 Local Fee
8. Don't Forget to immediately schedule your submission of fingerprints
9. Within 90 Days you must visit your Local Law Enforcement Agency with your Application Number to submit your local payment.
10. Your Application WILL EXPIRE in 90 DAYS after you submit your application online.
Begin the Handgun Licensing Process